Opal-wRIS is a dynamic Web-based RIS software designed to streamline practice workflow while enhancing profitability. With a series of intuitive tools, Opal-wRIS easily delivers important patient, insurance, and facility information designed to create and maintain the most productive and efficient business.
The scalable wRIS software is ideal for both single and multiple facility enterprises and allows for the practice to grow and develop with new facilities, modalities, and physicians. Opal-wRIS features full dictation and transcription module with automatic report distribution and seamlessly integrates with Opal-RAD PACS. A complete women’s health module is also included with a robust package of functionalities created to ensure practice compliance with the American College of Radiology (ACR) Bi-RAD standards.
From the moment a patient checks in, the wRIS is able to increase the speed of the check in process with a multiple verification system that validates insurance information immediately and automatically.
- Automatic electronic verification of insurance eligibility upon patient check in – Form 270
- Automatic electronic insurance pre-authorization for exams to be scheduled – with immediate response
Intelligent Patient Scheduling
Opal-wRIS makes scheduling easy, input appointments by patient, calendar, or resource (modality, physician, procedure) and view first available time slot.
- With Secure Scheduling the RIS software will not notify if a resource is double booked or not allow a patient to double book on multiple resources at the same time.
- Intuitive Patient Registration notifies and suggests a merge when registering duplicate patient fields
- Easily reschedule patients without re-entering exam and CPT information
- With a dedicated schedule for walk-ins, patients without appointments can be added to the facilities records with no complications
Referring Physician Portal
Give referring physicians secure, remote, Web access to schedule patients at your facility.
- Referring physicians can also have the ability to view images, reports, and scanned documents depending on facility permissions
- Access to patient information for referring physicians can results in quicker report turnaround time
Avoid insurance denying a payment with Procedure-Diagnosis Validation. Opal-wRIS compares ICD 9 and CPT codes to ensure the exam generated is appropriate for the presented ailment to avoid insurance rejection.
- The wRIS system produces a statistical analysis to determine the likelihood of receiving insurance payment for procedure based on the patients’ initial presentation
- Opal-WEB RIS is preloaded with CPT codes saving time coding and in turn results in improved efficiency.
Opal-wRIS features a full-fledged women’s health module for mammography imaging. The mammography component meets all MQSA standards put forth by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Follow-up and outcome tracking – Opal-Web RIS is designed to meet legal requirements and mitigate potential risks for medical practices while offering the highest patient care available
- Patient Data Collection – The RIS offers digital access for patients to complete a series of questions to complete a personal information survey as it pertains to mammography
- Technologist and Radiologist Data Collection – Technologists and Radiologists have access to digitally complete a detailed findings survey for each exam completed
- Outcome Tracking by Technologist and Radiologist – This feature allows for close mammography diagnosis evaluations of facility staff, and calculates false positives, false negatives, true positives, and true negatives for facility and personnel audits
- Tracking Incompletes – Track incomplete patient information both in the mammography module and by patient. This allows the practice to have access to an open-items list where correspondence to patients is documented. Patients who do not have mammography exams completed or do not respond to communications will be on the incomplete list.